The HD One
Stadium Way, Huddersfield, HD1 6PG
Adjoining Huddersfield’s award-winning John Smiths Stadium, just off the A62 Leeds Road, The HD One development is 5 minutes from both the centre of Huddersfield and junction 25 of the M62.
Kirklees Council has granted planning permission to site owners Kirklees Stadium Development Ltd to transform a 54 acre site astride the River Colne into a multi-use leisure, entertainment and sporting destination close to Huddersfield town centre. The site will build on the existing success of the stadium, the nine-screen Odeon cinema and the Kirklees Active Leisure health and fitness club, increasing expected annual visitor numbers from some 1.5m to over 4m.
The HD One will become home to a host of new activity attractions such as ten-pin bowling, open dry ski slope, indoor surf cafe and body flight. With a hotel, casino, bingo, clubs, and specialist shops, and no fewer than 21 restaurants, bars, and cafés, the scheme will transform this outer town centre area.
The proposed scheme includes:
- Restaurants, bars and cafes of a wide range of sizes
- Units for entertainment, including nightclub, music venue and bowling
- A range of ancillary retail units including a 15,500 sq ft unit for sports retail
- A hotel of up to 150 bedrooms
- Up to 64,000 sq ft. of office accommodation
- Just under 1,800 car parking spaces
- Residential area for up to 140 apartments with own parking
Further scheme information shortly available at www.thehdone.com or contact Gareth Davies and Laurence Antill at KSDL on 01484 484152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org