The Waterfront Huddersfield
Folly Hall, Huddersfield, HD1 3EH
Situated on the south-western edge of the town centre, Huddersfield’s new Waterfront development is bordered by the A62 Manchester Road, A616 Chapel Hill and River Colne.
The Waterfront is a prime commercial development opportunity, in an attractive waterside setting, less than ten minutes' walk from Huddersfield town centre. Benefitting from outline planning permission, the 1.2 hectare (3 acre) site is ready for construction now.
A section of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal has been restored and highways upgraded, as part of infrastructure works carried out by Kirklees Council with support from the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills.
Four building plots,arranged around the canal and a proposed new public square, have outline planning permission for up to 18,100 sq m (194,200 sq ft) of Grade A office space:
- 6,000 sq m (64,500 sq ft) on 8 floors, and 80 parking spaces (plot E)
- 3,000 sq m (32,000 sq ft) on 3 and 4 floors, and 10 parking spaces (plot F)
- 7,200 sq m (77,500 sq ft) on 6 floors, and 65 parking spaces (plot L)
- 1,900 sq m (20,200 sq ft) on 3 floors (plot M)
Click here to view the Waterfront site map, including the plots above.
The consent also includes up to 390 sq m (4,200 sq ft) of retailing, a 280 sq m (3,000 sq ft) crèche (both on plot M), and 78 parking spaces beneath the square.
Alternative uses, including leisure, hotel or multi-storey car park are possible, subject to planning permission.
The commercial land is part of the 3 hectare (7.5 acre) Waterfront Quarter which also includes
- A new £74 million campus for Kirklees College,opened in September 2013
- Land with outline consent for residential development, and full planning permission granted in 2014 for 504 student apartments on two of the three plots
Located on the opposite bank of the river is the recently refurbished Grade II*listed Folly Hall, which boasts LV= and the NHS amongst its tenants.
Visit The Waterfront website here http://waterfronthuddersfield.co.uk/
The commercial land is available for purchase or lease as a whole or by individual plot, via sole agent GVA. Contact Matthew Tootell, telephone 0113 280 8056, email email@example.com