As a place to work, live and play, Huddersfield has it all.
An excellent transport infrastructure provides quick and easy access to the North’s major cities, airports and ports. Yet within minutes it’s possible to escape from it all, as the area enjoys some of the UK’s most breathtaking countryside.
Here's a snapshot of our location;
- Huddersfield is the principal town in the district Kirklees, which covers 409km² of Yorkshire
- Situated between Leeds and Manchester, Huddersfield is adjacent to the M62, and just over 16 miles from the M1, which links the North to the South
- Huddersfield is the central point of the Trans-Pennine rail network which connects Hull to Liverpool and also has a stop at Manchester Airport
- Leeds, Bradford and Wakefield are within a 30-minute drive; Manchester and Sheffield are within a 1-hour drive
- Huddersfield is an integral part of the Leeds City Region
- The rural villages and towns south of Huddersfield, including Holmfirth, Marsden, Slaithwaite and Denby Dale, are popular with tourists
- 10% of the Huddersfield area is within the Peak District National Park