We’re here to help
Kirklees Council is dedicated to making the area one of the best places in the UK to start and grow a business.
There is a strong history of support for enterprise from the Council and other agencies; this is one of only two areas in the country where a new type of school - a Studio School- based on enterprise, is being piloted.
Our business team run a key account management approach to supporting leading businesses to grow and develop and also offer one-to-one support, advice and sign-posting to businesses.
Our support includes:
- Key account management – the Council is committed to helping existing key businesses to grow and develop. This includes the provision of key account management for the region’s largest companies;
- Advice on availability and costs of sites and premises;
- Environmental business support including free environmental audits, information on recycling initiatives and supports businesses in reducing their carbon footprint through the Green Business Network;
- Support and networking for retailers and town centre businesses, including Huddersfield Town Centre Partnership and Batley and Dewsbury Towns' Management
- Guidance on availability of financial assistance and grants;
- Assistance with grant applications;
- Information on skills development opportunities and initiatives;
Contact us via our contact form or call 01484 416708 to find out more about how we can help you.
Leeds City Region
Leeds City Region brings together 11 local authority areas to work with businesses and partners toward areas such as transport, skills, housing, spatial planning and innovation. Recently, the Leeds City Region established its business-led board (LEP Board), to work alongside the Leaders Board in order to effectively address the city region's economic challenges. Visit their business portal for the latest news and information.